Slowing and mastering climate change is undoubtedly one of the greatest challenges of our time. Each of us has to contribute to keep the degree and effects of climate change as low as possible – for the sake of the coming generations. On the one hand, we can contribute through careful, frugal use of resources in all areas of our work; on the other, we can lead positive change through innovative product solutions in all our business areas. Future corporate reporting requirements on sustainability reinforce the need to intensify the focus on these issues.
We invite you to join us in shaping our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) priorities by participating in our ESG Questionnaire.
As a company, we take responsibility for our employees and business partners, and to a high degree also for society and the environment. Melecs’ activities include ethical, environmental and social initiatives.
Melecs SDGs Aims
Our activities in these three areas are organized according to the United Nations Agenda 2030, with 17 goals for sustainable development (Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs). From this global plan to promote sustainable peace and prosperity and to protect our planet, Melecs has chosen to focus on seven goals.
- Health and Wellbeing
- Dignified Work and Economic Growth
- Sustainable Consumption and Production
- Gender Equality
- Quality Education
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Climate protection measures
HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
Ensuring and promoting healthy living for all people of all ages
- Melecs works in many ways to promote the health and well-being of its employees and the surrounding region. Examples include employee events (Business Run, etc.), family days, teambuilding activities, workshops as well as employee development and training.
- Every year, each Melecs location donates to different social organizations in their area. In addition, throughout the year they are regularly involved in events for charitable purposes.
Ensure inclusive, equitable and quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Melecs cooperates with training institutions in the course of educational programs to enable junior staff to make a practice-oriented entry into professional life (e.g. dual training program at Melecs Elektronikwerk Györ).
- A wide variety of employee development programs support the development and development opportunities of employees in the company.
SDG 5 Gender equality is anchored at Melecs in the Code of Conduct and the Melecs Charter in point 13.
On International Women's Day, Melecs Györ gives out small gifts in recognition of your achievements.
Our job advertisements are always formulated in a gender-neutral manner (m/f/d). The focus of Melecs is on people.
DECENT WORK & ECONOMIC GROWTH
Promote sustainable, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Melecs focuses on profitable growth through sustainable management and is committed to its locations in Europe.
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and support innovation
- Melecs EWS has installed a Cobot application. The Cobot UR5 packs 2 million pcbs per year and increases productivity by 25 percent.
SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
Ensure sustainable forms of consumption and production
- Our product development - such as our all-wheel drive control system - works with the aim of developing resource-saving and energy-saving products that meet the sustainability requirements (product lifetime, reduction of exhaust gases, disposal of the products already as a design criterion). Melec's products help, for example, to reduce the CO2 emissions of cars.
MEASURES FOR CLIMATE PROTECTION
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- On the roof of the production hall in Siegendorf, an approximately 3000 m² solar system was put into operation. As a result, around 293 tonnes of CO2 emissions can be reduced per year. The planned yield per year is around 500,000 kWh, the system size of 502.97 kWp corresponds to a need of 120 households of 4 people.
- The electricity we purchase from our largest plant in Siegendorf is 100% CO2-neutral - i.e. generated from renewable energy. Melecs works with various measures to reduce energy (e.g. ventilation and lighting) and waste materials at its sites (e.g. reducing paper consumption and residual waste, waste separation, raising awareness, switching from disposable packaging to circulating containers and optimising processes).
You can read about all of our activities in the field of sustainability in Melecs’ annual CSR Report.