Product Design Engineer Automotive for USA
The MELECS GROUP is the largest independent Austrian electronic manufacturing service provider (EMS). Our 1000+ employees focus on the development and production of high-tech electronic products for automotive, major home appliances, industrial markets, and lighting/LEDs.
In addition to the Austrian locations in Siegendorf, Lenzing, and Vienna, MELECS has production sites in Győr, Hungary and Wuxi, China, as well as a U.S. sales office in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
We are currently seeking a Product Design Engineer to provide innovative support for our U.S. customers and the MELECS team as we expand and build our presence in the North American region.
- Creating hardware and assembly concept drawings for customer quotes
- Autonomously designing and dimensioning ECUs for motor control including power calculation, thermal analysis, component selection, and schematics development
- Developing concept designs of tool-bound plastic and metal parts for automotive products
- Conducting modal analysis and simulations
- Collaborating closely with the team and internal partners such as hardware, software, production engineering, test engineering, quality, safety, PDM, and purchasing.
- Cooperating closely with external partners, suppliers, and customers
- A four-year university degree in electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical engineering, or mechatronics
- Relevant professional experience in automotive development sector
- Strong CAD knowledge in Altium Designer
- Strong CAD knowledge in mechanical CAD (PTC Creo)
- Very strong written and verbal English language skills; good knowledge of German a big plus
- Enthusiasm for introducing innovative ideas
- Excellent communication skills and a strong focus on teamwork
- Willingness to travel worldwide
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic, motivated team, the space to bring your own ideas to life, and the chance to work for an organization with roots in a long history of high-tech innovations. If you want to support shaping our future, please submit your application documents in English language online via [email protected]
MELECS EWS GmbH, Mag. Brigitte Spiess, MA, 7011 Siegendorf | GZO-Technologiestr. 1
We look forward to receiving your application!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. Die Cookie-Einstellungen auf dieser Website sind auf "Cookies zulassen" eingestellt, um Ihnen das bestmögliche Surferlebnis zu bieten. Wenn Sie diese Website weiterhin nutzen, ohne Ihre Cookie-Einstellungen zu ändern, oder unten auf "Akzeptieren" klicken, stimmen Sie dem zu.